You are here: Home > Marketing > Services
Are You Ready To Get Money-In-The-Bank
Results With Your Marketing?
I'm Kay Ross, a Hong Kong-based marketing consultant & coach, editor and copywriter, and I'll help you get money-in-the-bank results with your marketing.
My services include:
- Marketing consulting & coaching
- Editing and copywriting of compelling English-language marketing communications material
- Training you and your team about marketing, copywriting, media relations...
- Spotting opportunities and threats in the global environment (economic, political, social, technological and demographic) that could impact YOUR business
Check out my CV, Courses, Portfolio, Testimonials, Articles, Resources, Podcasts and FAQ pages.
"Twitter Magic" package
Are you still unconvinced about the value of twitter? Or have you created a twitter account, and you need help with crafting a compelling twitter bio and effective tweets?
Combining all of my services, I'm now offering a "Twitter Magic" package, in which I'll:
- Explain how and why you could/should be using twitter for your business
- Help you set up your twitter account
- Turbocharge your bio
- Brainstorm with you regularly about the kind of content you could post
- Train you about: basic twitter etiquette; how to follow/unfollow/block people; how to find interesting people to follow; how to re-tweet other people's tweets; how to create lists...
- Write some tweets for you, and/or edit tweets that you draft yourself (especially if English is not your first language)
- Keep an eye on your account, and inform you if I spot any problems or opportunities
How will it work? I'll charge a monthly fee (minimum three-month package) based on the number of tweets you want me to write/edit per week and the number of brainstorming sessions you want per month. If you're in Hong Kong, I'll meet with you face-to-face. If not, we'll communicate by phone and email.
Note: I won't manage your twitter account for you 24/7 and I don't want to know your password - YOU have to be the one in charge, posting tweets and monitoring and responding to what people are saying to/about you. It's about authenticity.
Contact me today to get started. (And check out my twitter account, @kayross, and the "Twitter Tips and Resources" series on my blog.)
1. Marketing consulting & coaching
I'll partner with you to:
- review your branding, advertising, PR, media relations, customer service, social media strategies, design, packaging, distribution, pricing, website usability, sponsorship, events, staff training, admin and HR procedures... anything that falls under the umbrella of "marketing" (and in my opinion, EVERYTHING is marketing!)
- devise creative marketing strategies that make the best use of all your resources (including some that you probably don't even realise you have!), and get measurable results
- assess the effectiveness of all your current marketing communications material
- identify your ideal prospective clients (and the people who influence them)
- craft a compelling "elevator speech"
- identify possible alliances and business development opportunities (see also point 4, "Spotting opportunities and threats", below)
- share useful articles and resources about marketing
- encourage you to see your business from the customer's point of view - I'll be an advocate for the customer's wants and needs
- be your sounding board and one-on-one coach about your marketing strategies and activities
If that's what you're looking for, I invite you to contact me today.
2. Editing and copywriting
You know how Trinny and Susannah of "What Not to Wear" fame do makeovers of badly dressed women? Well, I do makeovers of badly written, ineffective marketing messages.
Words are powerful. They've started - and ended - wars and love affairs. The RIGHT words in your marketing messages, aimed at the RIGHT people, will help you to "sell more stuff" and make more money (whether your "stuff" is a product, a service or an idea).
So I'll be your wordsmith for all your English-language marketing communications material, including:
- website text
- your twitter bio (see my blog post, "Convince Me With Your Twitter Bio. Please!")
- media releases
- direct mail pieces
- project proposals
- video scripts
- business letters and e-mails...
I'm not just talking about correct grammar and spelling (although they're definitely important). What I'm most passionate about is crafting compelling marketing messages that:
- express the distinctive essence and personality of you and your business or organisation
- project the right image
- make sense to the readers
- create the intended emotional response in them
- inspire them to take the precise ACTION you intend (pick up the phone, subscribe to your mailing list, buy your product or service, support your cause, refer a friend...)
So I approach all of my writing and editing work from a marketing point of view. I won't write or edit a single word for you until I understand you, your organisation, your brand, your products and services, your target market and the purpose of every document. In fact, I'll definitely have lots of questions for you - check out my article, "So You Want To Commission A Freelance Writer/Editor?".
By the way, that means I'm not interested in a last-minute, one-off, "can-you-check-our-brochure-because-it's-just-about-to-go-to-print?" transaction.
And while I'm working on writing/editing your marketing material, I'll probably also offer you some strong opinions and recommendations about all the other elements of your marketing.
If that sounds good to you, please contact me today.
I present public courses and tailor-made in-house corporate training seminars about:
- how to write a media release, and the do's and don'ts of media relations
- social media, in particular twitter
- how to write effective business English
- the skills of editing
I'm also delighted to be a guest speaker at conferences, seminars and workshops for professional bodies, Chambers of Commerce, universities and non-profit community organisations.
My performing skills definitely come in handy with my training and public speaking work. In fact, a student in one of my marketing courses wrote: "I thought the course was exactly as I anticipated. The teacher was highly proficient. Kay Ross is a natural communicator."
If you feel excited about that, I encourage you to contact me today.
4. Spotting opportunities and threats
Where's "the next big thing" coming from? Will you be ahead of the game, or will you be left struggling in the wake of your competitors who spot it first? And what's the biggest threat to your industry?
I do research for The Williams Inference Center, a US-based international research company that identifies and tracks "anomalies" - surprising, unusual and unexpected developments that could be the early indicators of change, opportunities and threats in the global environment (economic, political, social, technological and demographic).
As a business owner or manager, you need to be aware of this big-picture information, because there's no doubt it WILL impact YOUR business. But you can't know everything yourself, and you probably don't have time to stay up-to-date with all the latest developments in a wide variety of industries.
That's where we come in - we have an international network of skilled readers who monitor publications, financial markets, books, films, TV and the Internet. After careful analysis, we identify about 10 key "files" every three months, and put together a package of easily digestible clippings.
Recent files include: Medical Tourism, Food and Health, Main Street/Retail, Tribal, Taxes, Mobile Devices, Oil Sands, Junk Energy, Asia Demographics, Complexity...
Corporations, organisations, governments, investors and fund managers around the world use the business intelligence that we gather. Why? They see value in being among the front-runners in spotting meaningful trends, capitalising on opportunities and avoiding obstacles.
The Williams Inference material is offered as an annual service package that includes:
- quarterly face-to-face briefings about the latest findings
- regular additional material (news about areas of immediate change, tips about the consequences for companies and markets, updates on previously identified files...)
- regular contact with one of our representatives (by phone or e-mail) to discuss the latest developments
- access to material about topics that you're particularly interested in
Contact me today to find out how to tap into this valuable resource.
What I'm not...
Just to be clear, I'm not:
- a graphic designer (but I know several excellent designers that I can recommend)
- a website designer (but I recommend Stella at StarBright Group, who designed this site for me)
- a website technical expert (but I recommend Billy at Canaan Internet Marketing, who handles all the technical elements of this site for me)
- a translator
- a teacher of English grammar and conversation
- an advertising agency
- a PR firm
The next step
First, please browse the rest of my website (especially my Meet Kay, CV, Courses, Portfolio, Testimonials, Articles, Resources, Podcasts and FAQ pages) to get to know me and my skills, background and values.
Then, contact me today to arrange an initial, no-obligation discussion. If we agree to move ahead, I guarantee that you'll get money-in-the-bank results with your marketing.P.S. If you'd like a free copy of my "Sell the Sizzle" article, full of practical tips about how to write compelling marketing communications material, please go to the opt-in box in the top right-hand corner of this page. You'll also automatically receive my free monthly marketing e-newsletter.