You are here: Home > Marketing > Portfolio
A Proven Track Record
So you want to see some examples of Kay's work?
I'm Kay Ross, a Hong Kong-based native-English-speaking marketing consultant/coach, copywriter and editor with nearly 30 years' experience.
I advise, coach and train my clients about their marketing strategies, and I write and edit compelling, shareworthy English-language corporate marketing communications material that GETS RESULTS for my clients.
Here's my CV
I've worked with individuals, corporations and organisations, large and small, from a wide range of industries. A few examples:
- A company that produces testing/measurement equipment for the telecommunications industry
- Hong Kong's largest shopping mall
- A global network for Australians overseas and graduates of Australian universities
- Chambers of Commerce
- Healers, counsellors and coaches - individuals and clinics
- Consultants - branding, smoking cessation, management, web and e-marketing, HR, usablility, corporate training, risk management, financial planning, professional organisers...
- A trading company
- Public speakers and trainers
- An airline
- Arts organisations - art and antiques galleries, theatre companies, musical groups, the Fringe Club (Hong Kong's leading alternative arts organisation), arts festivals, government arts funding/policy bodies...
- Tourism organisations - festivals, government tourism bodies
- Graphic design firms, advertising agencies and PR firms
- A Big 4 accounting firm
- University faculties: business & economics, hotel & tourism management
- Publishers - book-publishing companies, a trade magazine about hospital management, newspapers, magazines, a publisher of business case studies for MBA students and courses around the world, a website about holiday property rentals, a website about boutique hotels, a website about life and business in Bermuda...
- A wine appreciation school
- A furniture and home décor store
- An insurance company
- A global company that sells security products and services
- A major international conference organiser
- A company that markets an innovative tool for transforming people's work habits and effectiveness
- A beauty salon and school
- Manufacturers and retailers of: diamond jewellery, all kinds of brushes, machinery and equipment for the manufacturing industry...
- A cancer fundraising and support charity
- An HK government promotion body for the design industry
- An HK government trade promotion body
- A chain of healthfood cafes
- A chartered accountant and certified CPA
- Non-profit business/networking organisations - the HK Women Business Owners Club, the HK Women in Publishing Society, the Council of Public Relations Firms in Hong Kong
The kinds of tasks and assignments I've worked on include:
- Consulting with my clients about their marketing. This task includes:
- asking lots of questions to help clients identify their target audience, the benefits of their product or service, their brand, their competition, their marketing goals and challenges...
- reviewing the organisation's past and current marketing activities and every "touch point", including its advertising, brochures, website, customer service initiatives, admin and billing procedures, HR and training systems, referral systems, signage, shop layout, corporate social responsibility activities...
- being an advocate for my clients' clients
- challenging my clients' assumptions about how they do business
- probing my clients' "marketing mindset" to challenge their misconceptions about marketing
- spotting opportunities to reach more of the right people, more cost-effectively
- coming up with creative, lateral-thinking marketing strategies
- teaching them how to use twitter
- recommending useful resources such as books, websites, articles and seminars about marketing
- putting my clients in touch with potential customers, allies and business partners
- being available to answer quick questions about anything to do with marketing
- Writing and/or editing of new or existing marketing communications material for clients - ads, brochures, website text, corporate newsletters and magazines, an