Twitter Tips and Resources – Part 87
Posted on 04 June 2015
This is Part 87 of an ever-growing blog series, with each post featuring links to 10 useful, funny and/or provocative articles I’ve come across about how to use twitter more effectively, especially for business (and how NOT to use it).
Here are the latest 10:
- “Twitter officially lets you retweet with comments now” by JP Mangalindan (@JPManga on Twitter)
- “Why Marketers Should Not Ignore This New Twitter Feature” by Nicole Brown via Social Media Week (@socialmediaweek)
The new feature: “The social network now allows anyone to send you a Direct Message (DM), even if you don’t follow them… but there’s a caveat: it’s an opt-in feature.”
- “The Big List of Twitter Tools: 59 Free Twitter Tools and Apps to Fit Any Need” by Kevan Lee (@kevanlee)
- “7 Basic Twitter Marketing Rules We Tend to Always Forget” by Vinness Bilon (@thewebassistant)
- “8 Compelling Ways To Tell 140 Character Stories On Twitter” by Kimberly Grimms (@kimberlygrimms)
- “7 Ways to Use Twitter Lists to Prevent Information Overload” by Lauren Dugan (@lauren_dugan)
- “How to Retweet the Right Way (With a Comment) on Twitter” by Laura Fitton (@pistachio)
- “3 Reasons Fake Fans Cause Real Problems for Businesses” by Peter Gasca (@petergasca)
- “Twitter Expands Direct Messaging” by Vindu Goel (@vindugoel)
- “33 Twitter Tips, In 140 Characters Or Less” by Leslie Belknap (@ethos3_leslie)
For a list of links to Parts 1-86 in this series (which was born on May 19, 2009), see the Twitter category on this blog.
Would you like to recommend any other good twitter resources? I certainly don’t list EVERY article about twitter that I see – I might recommend an article that I disagree with, if I think it contributes something useful to the debate, but I won’t recommend an article that I think is badly written.