How to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist – Part 23
Posted on 15 August 2014
This is Part 23 in an ongoing series of blog posts I’ve compiled about how to write effective media releases and pitches, and how to influence journalists and bloggers (with integrity, of course) so you get the publicity you want.
Each part in the series lists 10 (or sometimes more) articles, videos etc. by various people. For a list of links to Parts 1-22, see the Media Relations category on this blog. This series used to be titled “So You Want to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist?”
Here are the latest resources:
- “How To Get Media Coverage For Your Startup: A Complete Guide” by Leo Widrich (@leowid on twitter)
- “Your Press Release Copywriting Is Not Exciting” by Stephen Marsh (@smcopywriter)
- “Hack the Press: How to do PR for Startups” – Slideshare presentation from TheFamily (@_thefamily)
- “Pitching tips from a former reporter” by Holly Zuluaga (@hollyzuluaga)
- “9 ways to make reporters fall in love with you” by Michelle Garrett (@PRisUs)
- “10 Top Tips for How to Pitch a Blogger Effectively” by Hugh Anderson (@hughforth)
- “12 Ways to DO and NOT DO a Social Media Press Release – MSF Medecins Sans Frontieres” by Laurel Papworth (@SilkCharm)
- “Pitching journalists in the social media era #Demand14” by BLUE (@coxbusiness)
- “10 signs of a horrendous press release” by Maggie Holley (@maggiedholley)
- “4 ways startups can build relationships with reporters” by Colleen Kennedy (@colleenrkennedy)
Would you like to recommend any other good resources on this topic? Please post a comment (but beware: I’ll delete spam) or send me an email. I won’t list EVERY article I see; I’ll only recommend articles that I think are well written and that add something useful to the debate.