So You Want to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist? Part 16
Posted on 26 January 2012
This is Part 16 in a series of blog posts I’ve compiled about how to write effective media releases and pitches, and how to influence journalists and bloggers (with integrity, of course) so you get the publicity you want.
Each part in the series lists 10 (or sometimes more) articles, videos etc. by various people. For a list of links to Parts 1-15, see the Media Relations category on this blog.
Here are the latest 10 resources:
- “The Essential Word List for Lazy PR Writers” by Tom Gable (@authenticpr on twitter)
- “The Worst Blogger Pitch Ever” by Jay Dolan (@JayDolan)
- “Press release fail” from “The Media Blog” (@themediatweets)
- “Pitching to bloggers – the do’s and don’ts of blogger pitching” by Kirsty Shaw (@kirstyashaw)
- “How to PR Like a Pro: A Guide to Getting Media Attention” by Mark Hayes (@allsop8184)
- “Video: How to pitch to the media” (2m 30s) featuring Bill Walker, GM of Fleishman-Hillard (@billwalkerpr)
- “Journalist shares 7 common PR sins to avoid” by Amanda Marsh (twitter handle unknown)
- “What’d You Say? How To Write Killer Quotes For Your Online Press Release” by Tara Geissinger (@TaraGeissinger)
- “Hey PR, bloggers are not tools to be used” by David Spark (@dspark)
- “How to Newsjack Your Way to Tons of Media Exposure” by Robert Bruce – 24m 41s audio recording of an interview with David Meerman Scott (@dmscott)
Would you like to recommend any other good resources on this topic? Please post a comment or send me an email. I won’t list EVERY article I see; I’ll only recommend articles that I think are well written and that add something useful to the debate.