So You Want to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist? Part 12
Posted on 17 July 2011
This is Part 12 in a series of blog posts I’ve compiled about how to write effective media releases and how to influence journalists and bloggers (with integrity, of course) so you get the publicity you want.
Each part in the series lists 10 (or sometimes more) articles, videos etc. by various people. For a list of links to Parts 1-11, see the Media Relations category on this blog.
Here are the latest 10 resources:
- “5 rookie mistakes in press releases” by Mickie Kennedy (@ereleases on twitter)
- “3 blogger relation blunders to avoid” by Sasha Wilkins (@sashawilkins)
- “8 ways not to pitch a blogger” by Mark Evans (@markevans)
- “10 Dead-Honest Reasons Reporters Delete Your Emails” by Alyson Shontell (@shontelaylay)
- “How to Get Quoted in the Press: Nine PR Tips to Help You with the Media” by Dorothy Crenshaw (@dorothycrenshaw)
- “PR pros: Ban these terms from your writing!” by Caroline Gilmour (@lemondrizzle)
- “109 Ways to Make Your Business Irresistible to the Media” by Patrick Garmoe (@Garmoe)
- “Scoring coverage: Anatomy of a successful email pitch” by Claire Celsi (@clairecelsi)
- “Busted: Five myths PR pros have about the media” by Greg Matusky (@gmatusky)
- “The key to catching a reporter’s eye? Pitch like one” by Jessica Levco (@raganreporter)
Would you like to recommend any other good resources on this topic? Please post a comment or send me an email. I won’t list EVERY article I see; I’ll only recommend articles that I think are well written and that add something useful to the debate.