So You Want to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist? Part 11
Posted on 26 May 2011
This is Part 11 in a series of blog posts I’ve compiled about how to write effective media releases and how to influence journalists and bloggers (with integrity, of course) so you get the publicity you want.
Each part in the series lists 10 (or sometimes more) articles, videos etc. – for a list of links to Parts 1-10, see the Media Relations category on this blog.
Here are the latest 10 resources:
- “6 Tips for Getting Booked as a Talk Radio Guest” by Marsha Friedman (@marshafriedman on twitter)
- “5 Dos & Donts For Getting Blog Coverage” by Lisa Barone (@lisabarone)
- “109 Ways to Make Your Business Irresistible to the Media” by Patrick Garmoe (@Garmoe)
- “Top 8 PR Pitch Phrases I Hate” by Erica Swallow (@ericaswallow)
- “How to Pitch Mashable: Tips from an Associate Editor” by Heather Whaling (@prtini) – the tips are from Erica Swallow (@ericaswallow)
- “8 lessons from annoying PR pros” by Mickie Kennedy (@ereleases)
- “11 tips to “pitching” bloggers” by Arik Hanson (@arikhanson)
- “News Release Headlines: How to Make Them Better” by John Kremer (@JohnKremer)
- “10 Magic Phrases Journalists and Bloggers LOVE” by Joan Stewart (@PublicityHound)
- “Is there a secret art to selling in?” by Daney Parker (@daneyparker)
Would you like to recommend any other good resources on this topic? I won’t list EVERY article I see; I’ll only recommend articles that I think are well written and that add something useful to the debate.