So You Want to Write a Media Release and Influence a Journalist? Part 8
Posted on 06 January 2011
This is Part 8 in a series of blog posts I’ve compiled about how to write effective media releases and how to influence journalists and bloggers (with integrity, of course) so you get the publicity you want.
Each part lists 10 (or sometimes more) articles – for Parts 1-7, see the Media Relations category.
- “4 Ways to Get Your E-Mail Pitch Ignored By News Reporters” by Susan Young (@sueyoungmedia on twitter)
- “How to Pitch Your News Story to The Wall Street Journal” by Susan Young (@sueyoungmedia)
- “How to get media attention for your startup” by Erin Bury (@erin_bury)
- “8 ways to write better Press Releases” by Pascal Jappy (@PascalJappy)
- “Building Better Media Relationships” by Julia Zunich (@JulesZunichPR)
- “PR spam about cards that make clouds move faster for pilots I think” by David Meerman Scott (@dmscott)
- “Can We Automate PR? Not so Fast…” by Keith Trivitt (@KeithTrivitt)
- “How to Write a Winning Press Release: The Step-by-Step Guide” by Shira Levine (@levinemachine)
- “How to Develop a News Hook for Your News Release” by Marsha Friedman (@marshafriedman)
- “Why is PR writing so atrocious? PR consultants continue to churn out unreadable press releases. Will it ever stop?” by Mark Ragan (@MarkRaganCEO)
Would you like to recommend any other good resources on this topic?