Twitter Tips and Resources – Part 7
Posted on 08 November 2009
This is Part 7 of an ever-growing series of blog postings, each one featuring links to 10 useful articles/blog postings/videos/sites I’ve come across, about how to use twitter more effectively (and how NOT to use it). Here are the latest 10:
- “What Brands Ought Not To Do On Twitter” by Isman Tanuri
- “10 Tips for Social Media Marketers” by Paula Drum
- “5 Best Twitter Tips of All Time” by Scott Williams
- “Twitter Cluelessness” by Guy Kawasaki
- “8 Idiot Mistakes in Social Media” by Jessica Kizorek
- “Social Media is Not (Just) Twitter & Facebook” by Joe Manna
- “50+ Awesome Twitter Tips to Become a Pro” by Gautam
- “Twitter do’s and don’ts for brands” by Tim Bradshaw in the “Financial Times”
- “14 Insane Twitter Tips For Business” by Kim Redd
- Update, July 22, 2012: Sorry, the writer of this entry has asked me to remove it, “due to privacy issues”
By the way, I don’t necessarily agree with everything the writers of the above articles and blog postings say – read them and make up your own mind. For example, some people argue vehemently that you should follow everyone who follows you, saying that it’s mere common courtesy. I say equally vehemently that you should NOT feel obliged to follow everyone who follows you. Why follow bots, spammers, wannabe pornstars, time-wasters and pushy salespeople? I don’t think we owe them any common courtesy. Also, I don’t follow people who tweet nothing but inspiring quotes by other people. I can find those quotes on lots of websites, thanks very much; I’d prefer to hear about the twitterers’ own lives, opinions and experiences.
Would you like to recommend any other good twitter resources?